Are you bored of Facebook’s changing algorithms and Twitters hectic pace? Why not head on over to YouTube. More than a million advertisers are using Google ad platforms, the majority of which are small businesses.
- YouTube has more than 1 billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year on year
- 60% of a creator’s views comes from outside their home country
- YouTube is localized in 75 countries and available in 61 languages
- Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices
- Mobile revenue on YouTube is up over 100% year on year
- 85% of TrueView in-stream ads are skippable
- Creating YouTube Cards is FREE
Posting optimised, branded videos on YouTube can increase traffic to your website and produce excellent search results. ?Thousands of businesses currently use YouTube to connect with their target audiences, showcasing their company culture while drilling home key marketing messages. You’re clips don’t need to Spielberg quality either. There are tons of great marketing video’s shot on mobile devices like iPhones and tablets. This ad for Bentley was shot in the car on an iphone!
YouTube videos compliment existing digital marketing strategies like PPC and SEO. For example you can now run video ads to target specific audiences and as a part of re marketing campaigns to target recent website visitors.
Check out this sneaky little re-marketing ad from vistaprint.ie!
The key to cracking YouTube is to create content that your audience will want to watch. Forget this mentality of making everything “go viral”. Views on a YouTube video do not equal sales from a YouTube video. Using content that appeals to you niche is much more likely to convert.
- Create content that will appeal directly to your target audience
- Optimise your content so that is gets found by users searching for keywords surrounding your products/services.
- Create links/YouTube Cards on each video featuring whatever calls to action you want the user to take i.e. visiting the website.
- Watch competitor videos (if you have any even using YouTube as a platform) and replicate what they do well.
- Make sure your video content is not just rehashed versions of the same thing.
- Ensure that every video has a branded opening and an end and that your logo features frequently in content.
- Keep whatever video’s you do make simple, if you lack the budgets to hire a production company. Simple concepts and easy to understand messaging are key to any video ads success.